Sunday, March 15, 2009

Journal Response

This is a journal entry response to the essay “The ‘Wanna Read’ Workshop:  Reading for Love” by Kimberly Hill Campbell.

I really like the ideas that Campbell poses in this essay.  Many students absolutely hate to read, and I think that much of the reason for this is because they haven’t found the types of books that they enjoy.  I wish that more people read for pleasure instead of reading because they’re being forced to.  It was interesting to see how a teacher struggled with a problem in her classroom and how she used her personal experience to solve the problem. I really like the rules that Campbell came up with for her reading workshop days, especially the one about falling asleep in class.  Maybe, when I become a teacher, I will use similar rules in my classroom….

No comments:

Post a Comment